Replacing A Broken Glass Tabletop By Michael’s Glass Co.
If you have a table with a glass top, you are probably aware that for safety reasons it is typically made of tempered glass. This means that a unique heating process was used to make the table top glass much more durable than standard or traditional glass. While it is rare, tempered glass can shatter or crack. Since glass is tempered after it has been cut to a particular size, a replacement glass tabletop would have to be special ordered.
The glass company will have to have detailed information, such as the precise measurements and the style of table. They will also have to know the glass thickness of the piece of glass. One advantage to tempered glass is that on the rare occasion that it breaks, it will break into numerous tiny pieces rather than large, dangerous shards of glass that can cut. If you have a broken glass table top and are in need of new glass, Michael’s Glass Co. can help!
Broken Glass Table Tops
Here are things to do if your glass table top breaks:
- You need to take a sheet of white printer paper and draw your table’s shape on it. Make sure your drawing is neat, clear and large enough to be seen by the glass professionals.
- Any dimensions should be written legibly in inches rather than feet and inches.
- Make note of the desired glass thickness. Our expert glassmakers can help you decide on an adequate thickness and glass type for your piece of glass, whether it be a dining table or coffee table glass.
- Indicate if you want clear glass or tempered glass for the glass table top replacement. You may want to use tinted glass, such as light gray, bronze, dark gray or green.
- You need to indicate what kind of edgework you want for your custom cut glass, and show if you want all edges to be finished. If you don’t specify, most glassworkers will use a seamed edge, which is safe to handle but not suitable for a table. For an edge that is more finished, you want something decorative, round and safe, such as satin or glossy. Our glassmakers are experts at edge work when it comes to replacement glass table tops, whether it’s a beveled edge, pencil polish/pencil edge, or flat polished.
- If a hole is needed for on the new glass, for example a patio table top, indicate the location and the desired diameter.
Custom Glass Table Tops
We can create a glass table top cover in the measurements and thickness you need for your project. When it comes to glass, we are a full-service glass company, providing clear glass table tops, mirrors, windows, doors and more. We can quickly get the right table top glass ready for your project.
Our skilled craftsmen have the experience you need. We are specialists in commercial, residential and automobile glass. We can create the custom glass tops, mirrors and panes you need for any special project using the highest quality glass. Simply share your glass top design ideas with us. We can guide you on your replacement glass options and are happy to provide you with a free estimate.
Type of Glass
- Coffee table glass for a coffee table
- Dining table for a dining room
- End table
- Antique table
- Table cover for your patio table or patio furniture
Call The Glass Furniture Experts For A Custom Glass Table Top
Whether it’s beveled glass or a round glass table top, Michael’s Glass Co. will create the perfect glass fit! For a custom made glass table top or a glass table top replacement in Philadelphia, contact Michael’s Glass Company which has more than 30 years of experience in providing glass table tops in the area.