Looking to Add Feng Shui to Your Home? Consider Custom Mirrors
Whether in your home or office, the design should not only work for the space but also for the energy in it. That’s where feng shui comes in. Feng shui is the ancient Chinese practice of harmonizing individuals with their surrounding environment. The term means “wind-water,” and it guides the energy (everything has energy) in the room as well as throughout the entire home or office. It is very important to arrange the objects in the room according to what you want to bring into your life, such as good health, relationships or wealth.
Feng shui practitioners use a number of tools to unblock energy and restore balance. Mirrors are one of these tools used to cure structural flaws or when a space is too small to use another tool. They bring a quality of energy called sheng chi (good feng shui) that is a bright, uplifting and refreshing energy beneficial to your health and wellbeing.
The Three Power Principles of Feng Shui:
- Chi – The energy that moves and changes the life force in us.
- The Five Elements – Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. Mirrors are considered to bring the energy of water into a room, providing a calm and relaxing atmosphere. Mirrors are “cures” in the bagua.
- The Bagua – a chart used to map a home or office that determines where to put an object or color to bring good energy to a particular area of your life (e.g., work or family).
With this information, you can create a harmonized living space. Custom mirrors can be placed in any room. However, the direction they face determines the energy that will flow into an area of your life. For example, a mirror facing east will bring in more light, open up the space and bring the water element into the room.
The Types of Mirrors Used in Feng Shui:
- Typical – They are determined by their shape and frame. For example, a square mirror with a wooden frame will bring beneficial energy to your health.
- Concave – They produce an upside-down reflection and are used outside.
- Convex – They are used mostly outside and serve as a “watchful eye.” A mirror in a garden will capture and reflect auspicious energy.
The Placement of the Mirror is Important
Mirrors have the power to increase abundance and are a prosperity attracting tool. Yet, if placed incorrectly, they create negative energy. It is recommended to get a square or rectangular mirror and place it flat against a wall. It should show a clear reflection of the person standing in front of it. Also, avoid hanging a mirror that reflects clutter and without a frame.
You should hang a mirror that reflects a beautiful view and where it will bring in the most light and beneficial energy. Also, hanging a mirror near an entryway will give you a positive view of yourself on your way out as well as allows the chi to move freely into your home. Also, a mirror placed in your dining room facing the table can increase your abundance as the food on it is seen twice the actual amount, thus you have more than enough for your family. If you are going to place a mirror in a bedroom, it should hang on the wall reflecting the door. You can also hang a mirror on the inside door of your closet.
Your Source for Custom Mirror Projects
At Michael’s Glass Company, we have the custom glass you need to complete your mirror DIY project. We can create a mirror-based your specifications and budget. We also make custom mirrors for commercial properties, such as stores, bars and offices. Contact us today or call us at 215-338-3293 to see what we can create for you. Ask for your free estimate!